Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Snoopy and another Timeless Tuesday Challenge

Betty Wright, is the challenge host over at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (there is a link in my sidebar). They are challenging everyone to ”fake it” by using faux techniques on the cards and projects.
I really struggled with this one. I tried several different techniques and didn't like any of them. I did a faux metal item where I embossed lots of times and then tried to impress a stamp in the metallic mush. It embossed but looked like crud.  I tried the Cracked glass technique, only I have no UTEE, so I tried it with the Versamark and Clear Embossing powder. It looked really cool up until the point that I actually tried to crack it. Eh.
So I fell back onto making faux metal. I cut out a frame from two Nesties, and embossed it a couple of times with silver EP. I think it looks like aluminum foil. I also took the silver slippery paper and embossed it in the Cuttlebug with a Diamond-plate folder.

For the Snoopy (a cute stamp from Stampabilities) I used the following Copic markers. 
RED - R22, 24, 27, 29, 59
YELLOW - Y11, 13, 15
GREY - C1, 3, 5
BLACK - C5, 7, 9 and 100
GLASS - B0000, B000
GROUND - W00, W1
BROWNS - E25, 27, 29
As a side note on the helmet after I colored it with the C5, 7, 9, I went back over it with W6 to give it a little bit of a different color.
The Red was fun to color and I tried to make it look like it had a custom paint job on it that faded from front to back.
I also sponged using Brilliance Blue ink for the sky.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you come back.

- Alaine

7 comments:

  1. Very Cute Snoopy!!!! I like the faux metal frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Alaine...again your coloring is awesome ... it truly looks like a custom paint job !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alaine your faux metal card is the BOMB!!! Love it!!! Snoopy looks so cool and cute!!! The BG embossing is perfect too!!!

    Thank you for playing the FTTC with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is way cool!! Love that embossed background and Snoopy looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lots of fun, the embossed background is really great with this image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! YOUR faux metal totally rocks to me! Wonderful card and coloring! Great design! Thanks so much for playing FTTC, Alaine!

    ReplyDelete