Sunday, March 21, 2010

Well, it got cold again, which made it a great day to stay in and be crafty... well except for the trip to the LSS to get some paper to match my stamp below.  The base of the card is Bazzill and the blue is as well. The design paper which I found is really cute from Karen Foster. 

The stamp is from Stampabilities. I pulled out my Copics, and  I colored the horse first. I used E31, 33, 35, 37 on him, and the mane and hooves are C5, 7 and 9. I also used the C5, 7 and 9 on his hair, but I added a little bit of E29 I think to give it a little bit of a different tone.  The guns also use C series but I started with C3, and used C5 and C7. 



The skin is E000 and E00. There is a little R20 on his cheeks. 

I LOVE using the B9X series for blue jeans. This coloring was no different. Mainly starting with B93, 95 and a little bit of 97 in the shadows. I used the R2x series for the hat, boots, scarf and horsey paraphernalia. 

TIP of the Post - Occasionally when you color with Copics you go outside the edges. (I know there are some people who don't, but that just isn't me.)  Usually it can be easily fixed with the Blender pen. There is one exception, IMO. RED. For me, red is absolutely impossible to remove. When I try It just turns into a pink mess.  Depending on how light the pink mess is, I sometimes use another color to mask it... e.g, a dark sky. My solution this time was to cut out the image, and then pop it up.

I used Nesties to cut out the rectangles and then inked the edges with Jumbo Java VersaMagic. I also inked up the edge of the card, and the edge of the design paper. The Sentiment is from Flourishes and fits really nicely on the Fancy Tag Nesties.
Thanks for stopping by. I am going to go find something else to start coloring. There is another birthday at work this week. :-)

Alaine

No comments:

Post a Comment