Sunday, May 23, 2010

Graduation for my Daughter!

So last night my oldest daughter graduated from High School. It was an exciting time, and we are very proud of her.  I made her a card, that I hope she likes... although I think she liked the card my parents bought her even more - or maybe it was what was IN the card. :-)

Anyway, I made her an easel card. I found the paper at my LSS from Best Creation Inc and paired it with standard cardstock from Bazzil. 
 

The image of the Butterfly is from Inkadinkadoo Mindscapes set. I stamped it three times. Twice on white and once on the Blue. I used Versafine to stamp the images. I love the stamp, but I just cannot for the life of me get a good image to impress with the Memento. I then clear embossed them. 

I cut all of them out, and then stuck the white back to back against each other. I colored it with Copic Spicas. I then bent it slightly in the middle and mounted it on foam tape on top of the blue butterfly. this I mounted on the upper right corner of the card. I added pearl bling strips to the bottom to indicate flight. 

The Congratulations on the top portion is a Flourishes stamp. I cut it out using a Spellbinders Fancy tag, and while the tag was still in the die, I went around the inner part with a black Copic 0.5 pen. 

The bottom portion was using the same 2010 paper as a strip across the bottom with a sheer white ribbon on top of it. I used a mating paper with Flourishes on it to mount the saying. The saying was a Tim Holtz stamp. I cut the saying and mounting square out using  Nesties, and then added the Cap and Diploma Brads. The pearl bling on this section was left over from what I couldn't use on the earlier section, but I cut it up so I could get it where I wanted it. 


The card is 6x6 in the end. 


Thanks for stopping by, and to my daughter - we are very proud of what you did! Can't wait to see how far you fly in college.


~~ Alaine


 

No comments:

Post a Comment