Thursday, May 27, 2010

Trellis Birthday

It has been a LONG crazy week... and I don't see an end in sight yet, even though it is Thursday. Over the past few days I was able to color this one image I had inked up. It is a trellis image from the Flourishes Around the Arbor set. This is a single big rose with vines and little roses, that you can repeatedly stamp to get a full trellis.

I took it and stamped it several times. I tried really hard to line it up, but there were a few mismatches. For those I took a .2 Copic Multiliner and filled in the spaces.

 

I colored the background with B0000. I used the E31 as the base for the trellis. I added some E33 and E35 to look like woodgrain and then colored over with E31 to soften it.  I added E33, E35 and E37 to show the shading.

The leaves and vines areYG63, 67  and then I went over some spots with YG25 which added some interesting dimension.  The roses are YR21, 23, Y23, 26 and a little R22 on the edges to try to make it look like a multicolored yellow / peach rose. I blended all of it with YR21.  I added a few highlights to the roses and leaves with a white gel pen.

The sentiment is also from Flourishes (Tag Lines I think), and I added some gold beads to give some embellishment.

Thanks for stopping by. 

It is a long weekend, and although I have to do some work, I am hoping to spend some time crafting and posting. I haven't been able to do some of the challenges I usually do, and would like to try some more. The Flourishes Challenge with the making paper flowers looks really interesting. 

Thanks for stopping by! I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend and see you again soon.

Alaine

No comments:

Post a Comment