Thursday, June 17, 2010

Happy Birthday for my Dear Hubby

I made this card for my hubbys birthday. I picked up this Mo Manning Stampavie stamp on my trip through Atlanta on my vacation. I am always leery of the clear stamps. There are some that are amazing (Flourishes and Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stams) and some that are eh....  I was assured at the LSS in Atlanta that this was as good as they get, and I have to agree. It stamped very crisp and clear with Memento. Very very sweet!



The image was stamped on Hammermill Color Copy Cover with Memento Tuxedo Black. Her skin is E000 and E00 with a bit of R20 on her cheeks and shoulders. I colored her dress with YG00 first. After that I added layers of YG03 and YG05 to the shadows. And reblended with the YG00. I went back a couple of times with the YG03, YG05 and then added just a bit of YG06 to give it more depth. Her belt is BV000, BV01 and BV02.  Her wings were initially RV0000. Over that I layered a bit of BV000. I added BV01 and BV02 to certain areas. Once they were blended with RV0000, I added a bit of clear spica over the "veins" of the wings.

Her Hair is E11, with the E13, 15 and 17 layered over specific strands to make it look highlighted. Went over her wand with BV01, and the star is YG00. Once the entire image was colored, I outlined with B0000. I started at the image and flicked the marker out away from the image, to try to soften the look.


The purple paper is Bazzill Bling, and the patterned paper is Kioshi from Basic Grey. For these strips I edged both sides with a fiskars edger. I added the bling on the top and the flowers to the bottom. The image and sayings were cut out with Nesties.


I came up with the saying, and typed it out on the printer. The inside of the card reads "Because lets face it… Dreams and Wishes are better than actually eating and drinking that crap! Happy Birthday!"

Thank you for stopping by. Hope to update more this weekend! YAY! 

~Alaine


 

No comments:

Post a Comment