Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ballerina Bombshell

Hey there all you people! Hope you had a great weekend. I love this Bombshell stamp but wanted to try something a bit different with her. I started this doll on Friday, but had to wait for her to dry so I could finish putting it together.
The Bombshell was stamped with Memento on Hammermill Color Copy Cover. I colored her with Copics, but wanted it to appear like she had on tights and a leotard, so I only colored her arms, face and chest with the E0000 and E000, E00 series. I added a bit of R20 on the shoulders and her chest, as well as her cheeks for blush.  Her tights are RV0000, RV000 and RV00. Her leotard is RV000, RV00 and RV02 with a LITTLE bit of RV06.  Her hair is E13, 15, 17. 

Once I finished coloring her, I mixed baby pink and white flower soft together and glued down a shape of a tutu. After I was happy with the tutu, I added a bit of Crystal Stickles over it to make it shimmer.  Once the flower soft and stickles dried, I used some pink VersaMagic ink, and smudged a bit at the edges of the cut image. I also sponged some on the inside of the fancy tag after which I stamped Sparkle in Versafine. The ribbon I decided to use had silver edging, so when I put it down, the edge of the image and the edge of the pink looked a little plain. So on the edge of the main image, and the edge of the pink, I clear embossed and used silver tinsel Zing with heat embossing to have a rough silver edging. This was all mounted on the Silver Bazzill Bling paper as cardstock.

For all you who love challenges, you should check out the Bombshell stamps website. They have a monthly theme challenge, and a monthly sketch challenge. They give out a different prize each month!

See you all later. I am off to try to be crafty before all the benadryl kicks in from the wonderful grass allergies!

~~ Alaine


3 comments:

  1. Love this little ballerina, Alaine! The tights look great and I love the innovative use of the flower soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. I totally love that Flower Soft tutu.

    ReplyDelete