Thursday, September 30, 2010

Black and White ONLY - I CHALLENGE YOU

In honor of World Card Making Day on October 2, 2010, Bombshell Stamps would like to challenge you!
For the past couple of weeks, the design team members have been posting challenges every few days for you to participate in.

The “rules” are simple:

1. Use Bombshell Stamps somewhere on your project
2. All submissions will be eligible for Bombshells' monthly drawing
3. All posted entries will receive a 25% off coupon toward the purchase of Bombshell Stamps
4. Challenge submission cards should be posted in the appropriate challenge thread in the Bombshell Stamps Forum
5. Deadline to post challenge submissions- World Card Making Day, Saturday, October 2, 2010

My challenge for you is to create a card using only black and white! There have been a bunch of cards that have inspired me lately, and I love love love the clean crisp look of them.

I have made two cards to share with you today.  The first was one inspired by some cards put together by One Krafty Kat. Jenny does such beautiful work, but ever since I saw these, I have been wanting to try. The Bombshell stamps from the stamp set Butterfly Queen worked perfectly with this challenge. I stamped the butterflies with Versamark on black and white EP, and Versafine Onyx on White. I cut them out and layered them on the white cardstock with the white butterfly wings popped up (ooooo Rise to the Occasion) with dimensional silicone.  On the white butterflies, I added a little bit of black Stickles. I added some crystal swirls (Bring on the Bling) and some punching around the page.
I intended that to be it. But another card idea came to me the other day while I was waiting for a meeting at work to start and I just had to put it to paper. This just seemed to leap out at me, and I know my older daughter will love it. I used the Sugar Skull stamp set, and embossed one of each skull on black with versamark and white EP. Then I did the same on white cardstock with black versafine and clear EP. I cut out the skulls and then mounted them on these squares with foam tape. I added the skull and crossbones ribbon, and then bows of the black and white polka dots.
Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know if you decide to play along with the challenge, and even if you don't, please stop by the Bombshell Forum to see what everyone else has done on these different World CardMaking challenges. The projects on there have been AWESOME!

~~Alaine

No comments:

Post a Comment