Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hey - This is Shakespeare!

This is my card for this weeks Kenny K's Krafty Girlz challenge. The challenge this week was swirls and pearls. 

I love these Kenny K digistamps. This one is "Miss Fortune" although to me she is Charro!
I have of course colored her with Copic markers. The pinks are RV00, RV02 and RV06. I tried the RV04, but it was kind of orangish compared to the two on either side of it. The skin is E000, E00, E01 and R20 for the blush. Hair is E13, 15, 17 and E08. The blacks are C3, 5, 7 and some black spica. The skin was colored completely, even under the mesh, and then I went back and added C1 over the mesh areas, with the exceptions of the strategically ripped holes. The shoestrings are black spica.

Close-Up

Inside of Card
The paper is DCWV from their Halloween glitter stack and the Black Currant stack.

The quote really is Shakespeare. I just thought for some reason it went with the little temptress. It comes from his poem "Venus and Adonis".

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring. I have this digital image and love it too. Your card is classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Your colouring is wonderful and I love the quote from Shakespeare, very apt for this image.
    Thanks for joining in the fun this week at KKKG.
    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is certainly a modern twist on Shakespeare :D
    I LOVE it!
    Thank you for joining us at KKKG and good luck.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alaine, this is fantastic! Your coloring rocks and that quote couldn't be any more perfect! An awesome card all the way around ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring is fabulous. The quote is perfect for the image.

    ReplyDelete