Thursday, September 2, 2010

One piece of paper = One neat card

The challenge for this weeks Ways to Use it Challenge on SplitcoastStampers is to make a card out of a single piece of cardstock. I can't believe how easy this was. I took a single piece of 8.5 x 11 Neenah cardstock, and first cut it down to allow for a standard card size. The other half, I stamped the Flourishes Peacock stamp on a section. After coloring it with Copics (BG05, 09, V04, YG03) I cut it out with a Nestie, and then sponged over the inside edges.  The sentiment is also Flourishes, and also cut out with a Nestie fancy tags.  
The base was embossed with a new Cuttlebug folder from the Asian series. I then took the same summer sky blue memento I used within the Nesties and used it to edge the outside and sponge the raised portions. The "ribbon" is just a simple strip of paper that is sponged with the same blue.

This was really fun.

Thanks for stopping by! For those in the US I hope you all have a great long weekend. Come back by if you have a chance, I hope to do some more fun stuff!

~~ Alaine

No comments:

Post a Comment