Sunday, September 5, 2010

Two Projects - Loving this Weekend!

I have had a chance to make a LOT of stuff this weekend, because it is the first weekend in a long time with not much to do. Make it a long weekend and WOO HOO.

The first project is a 3-D project I made for my daughter who is a Freshman in College this year. She has a metal door that they can hang magnetic things on in her dorm, so I made her and her roommate letters that were blinged up to put on the outside of their door. For my daughter I have an S, with primarily black and red blings. She loves the sugar skulls from Bombshell stamps and asked that I put some of them on the outside.  So I colored up the skulls, and then crystal laquered them. I painted the letter black, and then added the bling (Crystal stickers), and then put the skulls on there.
Close Up of the skulls



This was a lot of fun. For any of you that like tattoo art, you should check out the Bombshell stamps.  I love to color these things!!!



The second project I did was done to practice some airbrushing. I just got a new compressor that is MUCH quieter (read between those lines - it doesn't make me scream every time it powers on). So I took the Our Craft Lounge stamps that I received a few weeks ago and colored up the cactus. I love this set.  I colored the cactus, and then masked it off and colored the sky and the sand with my airbrush. (the colors for the sky are B91, 93, 95 and R81. The Sand is E31, 33. The cactus is G20, YG63 and Yg67 and the pinks are R81, 83, 85, 89. 
Close Up of the Airbrushing
After I had colored and cut out the cactus, I realized that it was the perfect shape for the OCL challenge this week. WOO HOO. So I made up the card following that sketch. 
 Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon.

~~ Alaine

4 comments:

  1. Alaine!!! I'm LOVING that Sugared Skull 3-D letter!! I left you love over at the Bombshell Forum but wanted to pop over here too!! Great job!! Thanks for participating in the challenge!!

    And I love that cactus card!! SOOOOOOOOO sweet!! That stamp rocks!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is fabulous! Your coloring is beautiful...thanks so much for playing along on the OCL sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! Your coloring is DA BOMB! :) Thanks for playing along with our sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun version for the OCL Sketch this week! We're glad you played along with us!

    ~Bev / Tex

    ReplyDelete