Sunday, October 17, 2010

Kenny K's Sketch

Hello All, This is my entry into this weeks Kenny K's Krafty Girlz Challenge. The challenge was a sketch challenge.  I flipped it on it's side, and then mirrored it.

I took Kitty Katastrophe and colored her with Copics. I tried to make her hair look silver. The intent with the color choices was to do something that worked with the design paper in the back. But I didn't want black hair... so I thought Silver was the only logical choice.  The image was cut out with a Nestie, and then while still in the Nestie I airbrushed the edges with C1, C3 and R24. 
The Red flowers at the bottom were cut out with Nesties, embossed, and then I went around with Copic 110 on the embossed part to give it an edge. Silver flowers from Michaels were put on top with little crystals.
For the red, I used R22, 24, 27, 29 and 59. The blacks and Silvers are all cool Greys C series. Skin is E0000, 000, 00, 01 with R20.  I did use a touch of blue spica for her eyes, and clear spica on her lips, eyeshadow, etc... I also used some of the silver spica in her hair, belt, buckles on her boots. The pearls were dotted with copic Opaque whote. They actually shine a bit in person. :-).

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon.
~~ Alaine


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coloring, adorable image and card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card.. Thanks for joining us at KKKG this week.. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete