Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's Snowing Outside - and a little inside too!

The weather outside it TRULY frightful for this lady living in East Tennessee, and raised in Texas.  It has been a VERY cold start to winter this year. The card I made mimics in my mind the cold colors.


I love this stamp, and I haven't colored it near enough. I have collected eggs most of my life, and I have  TON of Egg ornaments on my Christmas tree, I even have egg ornament placemats! So, when I saw this stamp by Impression Obsession I HAD to have them.  

This is my entry into the iCopic Color Challenge #9. The challenge was to use light blue, dark blue and white.

For my colors I chose the B2x family and used all of them on different parts (ok, except for B28 which I don't have).  I accented a little with G21, 24, 28 for the leaves, and the ribbon is supposed to be a light silver with C00, C1, and C3.  I used a little bit of B0000 and C00 on some of the "white spaces" on the ornaments to make it seem a bit shadowed.  I also highlighted a little bit with Copic Opaque white.



Once I was finished, I added hotfix gems to the ornaments, and a DOT of silver stickles at the center of each bow. I used my Nesties to cut out a double frame for the ornaments and I popped that up over it. The Happy Holidays (from Flourishes) is embossed with Versamark, and Silver extra fine EP. I added some more sparkly things and a silver and white ribbon through it. The Snowflakes are from Spellbinders and added Hotfix crystals.  (LOVE BLING at Christmas). Based on the Spellbinders punch art I am also entering this in the Paper Pretties challenge this week for punches. :-)

Thank you for stopping by. Hope to see you back again soon!!!

Alaine

2 comments: