Sunday, January 9, 2011

2nd Snow Bunny

As Ms January 2011 for Bombshell Stamps I chose the theme for the monthly Challenge as Snow Bunnies. You can see my initial post here, and you can enter here.

I recently got the Man's Ruin Stamp. The lovely lady on here decided she needed to hang out in the hot tub at the ski resort.

I started with the background with a quarter sheet of plain white cardstock. I used the denim Distress Inks and sponged it on with a swirling motion so that it would look a little like the night sky. I then tore another quarter of the white cardstock into several pieces. On the backside of the white torn paper I distressed lightly with the blue ink. So that when you turn it over, there is a very faint line of blue you can see.

Before I constructed the background and the "snow", I covered the entire surfaces with VersaMark Dazzle, and then clear embossed it. It gives it htat sparkly shine you see on the snow and the sky. I feel like it makes it have a cold frosty feeling.

The Hot Tub is an image I found online. I cut it out and masked the different parts and airbrushed with copics. (E71, 74, 77 and BG0000, BG000).


The lovely Mans Ruin lady was stamped on Hammermill with Memento ink, and then I colored her up with my copics. She is colored with BG01, 02, 05, 07 for her shoes and suit, BG0000 is her glass, E25, 27, 29 for her hair and E000, E00, E01 with R20 for her skin. After she jumped into the hot tub and kicked back in a relaxing position, I added Glossy Accents to the water, and her shoes and the glass.

After it was all done, I assembled the card. I am not sure what the inside will say - she hasn't told me yet... but I am sure it will be fun.

Thanks for looking and Hope to see you back again soon.

~Alaine

1 comment:

  1. I so love how you put your gal into the hot tub! She looks to be having a most wonderful time! Wonderfully colored! P.S. Thanks for letting me know which Spellbinders you used on a recent card - I appreciate it! Love your work.

    ReplyDelete