Saturday, January 15, 2011

January 2011 Sketch Challenge

Hi all! Ms. January 2011 here with my card for the Bombshell Stamps monthly Sketch Challenge.

It is a  really cool sketch and you are allowed to flip it mirror it, do whatever you want with it. I decided I needed to flip it a bit.

I used the Sugar Skulls set. While looking for paper - I wanted something a bit more cheery and not my standard black and white. I found this Cosmo Cricket paper. On one of the sheets there was a statement that says "a giggle a day keeps the glums away"  I thought it was great, since these skulls are just cracking up!

The Sugar Skulls I stamped on Hammermill color copy cover with Memento and colored with Copic Markers. I matched the colors on the top strip as close as possible. I used R02, 05, 08 for the redder flowers, YR61, 65 and 68. The leaves are G40, 82, 85.

For the skulls I used a Copic Blender and the tip to tip method. I used the blender to grab color off of BG72 marker and shaded areas of the skulls. This made it more subtle than coloring with BG72 and trying to blend after the fact. And the BG72 matched more closely the paper.

Once complete I cut up the sentiment, and added the rest of it to the inside of the card mounted on black cardstock on top of the blue design paper.

I really like how it turned out.

So now everyone needs to head on over to the Bombshell Forum and try your hand at the sketch for the month. You are eligible to win some free RUBBER of your own!

Thanks again for stopping by. I love having you and hope to see you again soon!

~~Alaine

No comments:

Post a Comment