Friday, March 25, 2011

Geek Out

Hey there... This quick post today is for the Kenny K Krafty Girlz challenge this week. They challenged  us to use 3 Designer Papers, 2 Ribbons and 1 Image. WHEW... I am great with the ribbons and Image, the 3 DPs... well let me just say THANK GOODNESS for DCWV stacks, because, if I didn't have those, I would not be able to mix and match so well.

I used this nerdy man image from Kenny K. Usually I go for the scantily clad ladies to color cuz they are so much fun to color with all their curves, but I ADORED this image. He just makes me smile.

I colored him up with Copics. The primary colors I used other than the skin tones were reds and blues (hee hee the primary colors I used are primary colors HAHAHAHAHA). The blues on the shoes and bow tie and pants are B21, 23, 24, 26. The Reds are R22, 24, 27 and a bit of 29.

For the jacket I used the tip to tip method, but I used it with the Colorless Blender. I grabbed the colorless blender and picked up blue from the B21, and added it to the shadows and edges of his jacket.  In the shaded areas I would add more of the blue using this method until it got to the color I liked. I love how this gave the jacket shading but still left it looking bright white!

I finished the card up using a sketch from SCS from their weekly sketch challenge. And then I added the two black ribbons to finish off the Kenny K Challenge (the inch wide one with the little looks, and then the black and silver ribbon on top of that.

The finishing touches are the protractor and compass. To quote my husband "You seriously had a protactor and compass as thingies, whatever you call them, to go on your card?" LOL... Yes and I have a pencil, hole punch, stapler and locker lock too.   HEE HEE. There are embellishments for pretty much anything!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon and hope everyone has a great weekend.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Alaine, what a FUN card! Great image, beautifully colored...and yes, I'm a little surprised you had protractor and compass in your stash, too! :)

    Maybe you should do something using both your geek here and your Bombshells!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Kenny K! I've always liked this little image. He's so funny and cute! Nicely done! (I live for DCWV value stacks, so I hear you on that!!!)

    ReplyDelete