Sunday, March 27, 2011

Recyled Gift Box

While I was cruising around looking for something to challenge me, I came across the Basic Grey Challenge for Soemthing Recycled. Well I have been storing up these little boxes that you get jewelry in for gifts, wanting to do something with them, and I thought this was the perfect chance. I love me some Basic Grey paper, and you all KNOW how I feel about my Sugar Skulls from Bombshell stamps, so I had no choice but to combine them!!!

I covered the Jewelry box with some of the Halloween paper from the 6 x 6 paper pad. I used two different ones, one for the base and one for the lid to give it a bit more of a funky look.

I stamped the Sugar Skull on Neenah with Memento, and used the E81, 87 to shade it. I also used V91, 93, 95 for the purpley, YG91, 93, 95, 97 and YR61 and 65 to decorate. When I was done I cut it out and then covered it with Crystal Effects to give it a nice shiny glaze. I colored the flower using my airbrush with the YG91, 93 and 95 and then highlighted or actually lowlighted with the V95.

I stuck the flower on with the one of the huge 3D glue dot, and then used foam tape to tape on the Skull. I love how it turned out, and I think it will be great for my older daughter, or one of her friends.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment