Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Graduation Time

Hey All. I want to THANK all you for hopping over to my blog during the Operation Write Home Blog Hop this weekend. It was so much fun, and the lovely comments all of you left for me just made me smile all weekend long!!!

For today I am including something I don't do a whole heck of a lot which is cards with no coloring. Three girls from my youngest daughter's dance team graduated from high school this year. WHEW. So I needed to make some cards that were unique, yet similar. I decided to try my hand at Twisted Easel Cards.

I made three different cards with different sayings on each in different colors. I let my daughter pick the colors and the charm I added to them (that they can remove and use on a necklace later if they want) for each girl. I think she picked really sweet things for each  one:

All cards used Mega Mount for the background with Versamark Dazzle and clear embossed.

This card is using a Technique Tuesday sentiment,  and Paper Pretties Butterflies. The charm is a butterfly with the saying "Spread Your Wings and Fly"





This card used a sentiment I have from an old set that I cannot remember. The Charm is a cross with the saying " Have Faith in Yourself" underneath.





This last card has a sentiment from Flourishes stamped on it. The Charm is a bunch of stars with "When You Wish Upon a Star" underneath.

All of these girls are so special. The dance team has been the best thing that has happened to my almost 12 year old. She has seen some really great girls who are all about being genuine. They get compliments from Hotel staffs all the time when we are at competitions for how incredibly nice and well behanved they are. And they love on all the younger girls and help them out. I am very happy they are in my daughters life.

I hope you have a great week. I hope to be back in the next few days with some colored up things.

Have a great week.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Your cards are lovely. I know that the girls will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea. I love the easel with the charms.

    ReplyDelete