Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Check out the Booty

It is Hippity Hoppity Time at the  Bombshell Stamps Blog. If you arrived from Allison's blog you are going great. If not, then head on over to the Bombshell Stamps Blog to make sure you don't miss a THING.. The theme this month is "Shiver me Timbers". Now... I could go really raunchy on that one, but I decided to keep it PG (you see bare back in this one - GASP).  When I think of Pirates, I think of Romance Novels, and the clinch poses on Johanna Lindseys Gentle Rogue. Since I don't have a Fabio Bombshell Stamp (Hmmmm that would be fun to have hint hint) I had to go in a different direction.

I do have this lovely Mermaid Treasure stamp set!!! And I thought YAY... I will do up a mermaid and show off her stuff.
I colored her up using my Copics. I used a ton of them!!!  She was primarily colored with BG10, 11, 13, 15 and YG11. For her skin E0000, 000, 00 and her hair E11, 13, 15, 17. I added some Star gelly roll in areas to give her some sparkle.

Both she and the treasure chest are cut out after they were colored. I used gold and champagne stickles for the gold.

The background is all airbrushed. YAY!!!! I had fun with that. (And it allows me to enter iCopic Challenge #36 HEE HEE). I used E30, 31, 33 for the sand, BG02, 05, 07, 09. The sky is YR00, RV00, BV00 then B21, 24, 26. The moon is white Inkprintz Ink stamped on and then embossed with white EP.

For a close up of her I have her to the right... Isn't she cute. After the airbrushing and placing her in the water, I added a couple of fish from the same stamp set. YAY.

Now, why don't you HOP on over to Kelli's blog!

If you get LOST on the way - you can always head back to the Bombshell Stamps blog to find your way.

Hope you have fun with this hop !!!


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. What a GREAT idea to use a mermaid and treasure chest for this them! I love your take on this theme!
    And please,do me a favour....turn of your word verification,the owner approval is a much nicer way of screening your comments and saves visitors who want to leave a comment a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alaine!!! This is just GLORIOUS!! I love the elegant simplicity of it! That airbrushing ROCKS!! Loving that twinkly treasure!!!

    Gorgeous my friend!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Such a pretty mermaid. I wonder if she is one of the succubus ones that feature in the new movie.

    Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great! Love how...uh...cheecky it is! ;) Great coloring, love that you airbrushed the background! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautifully colored and awesome image/card! I have given thought to an air brush system - but keep chickening out, as there is no one around to teach the ways of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous scene. I love how you colored her and the airbrushed background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's not to like with this card. The background sky is stupendous. The mermaid is adorable. The treasure looks real

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is gorgeous!! Great job with the airbrushing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! ALl the colours look so pretty, the background air-brushing and the moon shows off your beautiful mermaid so well and the stickles are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alaine, she is stellar! I love the sparkly goodness that you added and of course, your coloring is spot on! The air brushing is amazing. You have created a perfect flame-lit sky with it. I must get me one of them there thingies ;D Shoot, another item to add to my wish list ;D Thanks, a lot...LOL!

    Hugz,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous scene you've created here!! Not only is your coloring and airbrushing great but I love the treasure chest and sand! Thanks so much for joining us in our airbrush challenge at icopic : )
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE your card. I just got this set in the mail this week & can't wait to play with it. Your card will be my inspiration. I'll probably CASE it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO PRETTY! I love your background. Thanks so much for playing at iCopic.com this week.
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    www.thescrapmaster.com

    ReplyDelete