Thursday, June 9, 2011

Flourishes Release Week Challenge

Have you all seen some of the sneak peeks over at Flourishes this week. WOW. They are so cute. I must have them. So I am going to try to win them!! How will I do that, By entering their challenges this week. And first up is their Release week challenge to show off the colors of your flag.
I looked at my stuff, and I thought about Strawberries, and flowers, but I kept coming back to this image. I know it is a Christmas wreath and would typically be colored up in the colors of the Christmas season, but I kept picturing a red, blue and silver wreath. What was really cool about this is it gave me some extra practice on trying to make balls look 3D. Now after I colored it up and mounted it, I realized that now the light is coming from the bottom. LOL...

Reds are R22, 24, 27, 29, 39 - overcolored with clear spica
Blues are B21,23,24,26 - overcolored with clear spica
Silver - C00, C1, and a little R22 and B21 to try to get some light reflection (not sure how well that worked out for me- I think I need more practice). I then used a Star gelly roll pen to overcolor the silver balls.

Thanks for stopping by. If I can get another one done, I am going to try to do the Pink challenge... or see what tomorrows challenge is. I mean really I would LOVE to win these sets. LOL.

See you Soon.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job with this wreath Alaine! I love all the bling and the lacey nesties are perfect to surround the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and creative is this? Well, I'll tell ya... pretty darn creative. In a million years, I would never have reached for that stamp but yet you did it up so well! I especially love all that bling! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now, the light could be coming from the bottom if it was sitting over a lamp. I LOVE your coloring on the wreath and, in fact, on everything you do. Great idea for this one, Alaine!

    ReplyDelete