Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Drink Up


Hey there ladies. It is that time of the month again when we are all challenged by our lovely Bombshell Sketch Goddess to create a project following her sketch. 

This month she has given us this sketch. Now, I really liked this sketch and I came up with two cards following it. The first I am showing you today... the second one... well it is a bit of a surprise, but it is so GHOUL!

I used Man's Ruin and some lovely colors to create this lovely lady:



I will be honest... I REALLY love the skin colors on her. I am not sure why, but it worked so well.  I used the following colors to color her up:



For the glass and liquid, I colored the lady and her dress up, and then I colored the glass. I went BG01 around the edges and BG000 and BG0000 inside. I colored over her dress and legs. Then I took the YG11, and went over it from a little inside the glass to the other edge, again over the lady and her skirt. I colored this up to the edge of the liquid line up top.  Once she was colored up, I cut her out and then added glossy accents over the glass. I cut a piece of the green cardstock out with a nestie and then sponged purple over it. The lady was adhered to the cut out.

Now... I have been a slacker with this lately. We have started school and already had a nasty bout of strep in our house. Add that to a dance competition this past weekend, and work and home and and and... well.. I have been a slacked with the cars. But I have been a bit creative over the past couple of days and I  am really excited to be uploading and doing stuff again. So I hope you come back this weekend for some more cards, and then next week is the September Bombshell's theme challenge over at the Bombshells blog followed by a blog hop the next week. WHEW! Lots of stuff going on.

Why don't you head on over to the Bombshell blog and check out the rest of the crews stuff this week. You know you want to!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Your coloring and shading on the martini lady is fantastic. Wow.

    Great card and great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete