Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Snowy Delights

Flourishes is having the Snowy Delights challenge for their release week challenge and I HAD to join in... Ok... I admit it I am very very very desirous of wining free rubber, therefore I had to join in. LOL..


I had a lot of fun coloring up this lovely Cardinal. I started by using some a Distress pad to sponge on the blue color. Once I had that done I stamped the image with Memento and started coloring.  R24, 27, 29 and 89 was used to color the Cardinal and the berries. The branches are E23, 25. Once I was done, I got to make it SNOW! I took a really small paintbrush and used the Copic Opaque White to add snow to the branches and to the berries.

For the sentiment I used the same distress inks to get the background to match and then stamped with Versafine and clear embossed it.

I so cannot wait to see what Flourishes stamps are getting ready to release this week. 

Have a great week!



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Alaine this is so pretty. I LOVE this set and you have created such a pretty card with it. Thanks for joining us at Flourishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can feel the snow on those berries! So beautiful Alaine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cardinals and especially love them in the winter.

    The card is just perfect.

    I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete