Sunday, March 11, 2012

The CPS Cardsketch is BALANCED

Hey all. Bombshell stamps has the WONDERFUL privelage of sponsoring the CPS Cardsketch challenge this week. YAY!!!! A chance for y'all to win RUBBER... and BOMBSHELL RUBBER even! WHOOP!

Ok, now that I have that out of my system. The sketch this week (#256):

This Week's Sketch (#256) 
Now, I can't just leave well enough alone, so I had to flip the sketch... AH... that made me feel so much better. Because as my mother will tell you I LOVE for things to be symmetrical, and while I am ok with things being heavier on bottom or top, I get kind of TWITCHY when they aren't balanced side to side. HAHAHA. My own little CDO (Obessive Compulsive Disorder in its proper Alphabetical order).


I chose to use Lotus Garden to create this card. The paper is Basic Grey and worked out SO very well with it. And yes, as usual I chose the paper AFTER I colored my images. LOL.

The fish are colored with Y1x and 2x and YR1x markers. The water is colored with B1x Copics, and was done using the airbrush. Once I was done with the airbrushing I used modpodge dimensional lacquer on it to give the water shininess.

I hope you all pop on over to the CPS sketch challenge this week, and maybe you can win some of the pretty rubber for your very very own.

Check back Wednesday for another Bombshell sketch challenge. And I hope to have some other things posted. It is release week over at Flourishes and I really need to start winning some of that schtuff!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. CDO! HAHAHA! That's funny! Love it. I also love your card. It looks fabulous "balanced" this way. Love the glossy water, and your colors. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that I love this! Great coloring and I love the depth and dimension you added with the Mod Podge. I'm so proud that you resisted touching it when it was still wet. I know I could have done that.

    ReplyDelete