Sunday, June 10, 2012

Flourishes - Gimme Ten (+ another)

The Flourishes Release week challenge this month was to do a quick card. Well... This one was pretty quick.  :-)

I used the new set On the Porch to create this card... well I used the sentiment stamp from it. I punched out several different layers of nesties, stamped the sentiment on the lightest, layered them back together and grabbed two flowers and spritzed those with Glimmer Mist. Voila. Ten minute card. :D



The second one is more my style (since I colored it - HAHA). This is also from the On the Porch Set. It reminded me of all of the Paula Vaughan cross stitch kits that I have. I love her stuff... although it is much easier to color than to cross-stitch them since there are so many colors to get the shading right.


The image is colored up with BG70, 72, 75, R81, 83, 85, 89, E04, 07, 08, B60, 63, 66, E71, 74, 77, YG 61, 63, 67.

The sentiment on this one was double stamped - first with VersaMagic Sea Breeze, then with Versafine Onyx Black. It was then embossed to make it a little brighter.

Thanks for stopping by today. I am hopeful that now that I am back from Vacation, and starting to get better from my standard after vacation illness requiring antibiotics, that I can post more regularly. :D


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Your sentiment focus is perfect, the frame is super cool. Your chair is springy and inviting. Both are great cards. Thanks for playing in Flourisehs Gimme 10 challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using Spellbinders, I'm always looking for new inspiring ways to use them. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooOOOoooo! Love the colors you chose here - has that serene and happy feeling! Thanks for playing along with us gals at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Gorgeousness.

    I also love the way you stamped the sentiment. Very, very cool.

    ReplyDelete