Thursday, August 30, 2012

Beauty in Black and Rose

Hello people out there. I made this card for the CMC Copic Challenge which was to use Blacks and greys with an image. We were to color it any way we wanted, but make sure we used a lot of blacks / dark greys in the image. This was an interesting one. I received the Growing Hearts set a few weeks ago, and I have had her stamped up for a while, but hadn't yet colored her. I always pictured her in blues or purples, but I figured what the heck... lets try.


I used Copics C0 through C9 and a Copic 0.05 multiliner to color her up. Once I was done with the shading of the greys / blacks, it needed something else, so I pulled out the R20 and gave her a slight blush by picking up the color with the C0 and using that. I also added it to the heart on her forehead, the flowers and the heart she is holding. OK - tangent here - I keep thinking it is a chili she is getting ready to eat. I know most people don't eat raw chili's but I have a co worker that does. We have a company garden, and we have grown a lot of peppers and she will pick several and eat one on the way back to our cubes... so as soon as I saw this lady holding this I thought chili pepper!

OK. Back on Topic. :-)

I cut her out and colored the edges with black. Then I used Nesties to cut out the black inner oval and the pink oval with scallops. I raised it up on pop dots.  I have had some pink tulle mesh for forever and it just looked so cool with the black underneath.  I tied like a Christmas bow. In the end I added the little pink bling and the black pearls as well.


I am so happy with how this turned out!

So I am entering into the Blacks Challenge for CMC Copic Challenge group.
I am also entering into the Use It Tuesday Challenge - Ribbon (Hoarded ribbon)

EVERYONE - have a GREAT weekend! Hope to see you again soon!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. oh this is stunning! I love the black and pink and just the hint of that tulle! Thanks for joining our challenge at Use It Tuesday this week.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with tampatha's choice of adjectives.

    This is absolutely stunning. It's absolutely gorgeous, very elegant, yet a slight bit edgy as well.

    Beautiful job coloring and "fussy cutting her". The touch of tulle is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours turned out great, thanks for joining us at Use iT Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete