Sunday, August 5, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Brother

Apparently my brother really likes this characters "personality". Uh Huh... Whatever. Happy Birthday!!!


This is Power Girl drawn by Amanda Conner. And let me tell you - she is a hard character to find to color. Why? Because quite frankly most people draw her a bit larger than life, and many times sans appropriate covering for her "personality".

I found a color copy and played around with it in Photoshop until I could get it to be black and white and color-able. So that was what I used for the image.

The reds are R12, 14, 24, 27, 29. The Yellows on the front of the stars are Y11, and the sides of the stars are Yii colored over with Y21, 23, 26. The same with her hair. Her skin is YR0000,000, E11 and R21. The blues are B12, 14, 16 The shading on her white suit was B60, 63.

I cut her out, and then made an easel card with her. The black background is leather that we got at the Tandy Leather store. It works really well for this because the front piece is leather too and is just enough to give it a ledge to stop against when in "easel mode".

OK... So I will talk to you later. Going back to coloring, because I have been away from it for a while. AND I got some new to me Bombshells in. YAY.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. So fabulous and totally worth all the digital effort to create it. Wonderful coloring too.

    I know your brother loved it. I just hope he appreciates the work that went into its creation!

    ReplyDelete