Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Autumn Card - MissAlaineous' Style

I will say, the preponderance of Autumnal colors for challenges is a bit overwhelming for me - because I am so NOT a fall.  Almost any other season yes, but fall colors - just not my cup of tea.  But - there you have it - I must challenge myself and thus I have.
I love mythology. And when mythology is brought into modern storytelling I like it even more (Sherilyn Kenyon anyone?). So I gravitated toward this stamp immediately when I saw it.
 
I thought that the sentiment also worked really well. That was done with some stickers from this Basic Grey pack I had. YAY. I was going to print something out, but I really like how this matched the paper from the set. And no - I don't know what it is other than Basic Grey.
 
This was a challenge in more ways than one. See all those lovely snakes on her head? All those individual snakes that swirl and curl with different colored underbellies? Yeah - those - THOSE ARE HARD TO COLOR. It is like Curly hair on SPEED.
 
Her skin was the lovely shades of YG61, 63, 67. Her dress, lips and the red parts of the snakes are E04, 07, 08, 09, 18. The gold of her crown, the snake underbellies and her eyes are Y11, 21, 23, 26, 28. I used a gold pen and a bronze pen to outline her crown and her belt and necklace.
 
I am taking full advantage of the color challenges this week, and entering it into the following:
 
 
 
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. This card is FABULOUS! I love your coloring...thanks for joining SSD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an unusual image!It's a lovely card and I like the colours you've used.Thanks for sharing it with us at ATCs and Cards with Attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! Your coloring is so beautifully done! Those snakes look so REAL!!!!! Gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colouring is just fantasitc, I love that image and the colours you've used on it. Brilliant.
    Thanks for joining us over on ATCs With Attitude.
    Hugs Alison x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, she is fab! I LoVe how you've coloured her lips lol. Thank you so much for joining us over at our Color Me Creative Challenge!

    ReplyDelete