Saturday, November 24, 2012

Festive Fortuneteller

I have been going crazy at work the past few weeks - ok this last year. SHEESH... Anyway - I have not had a lot of time to be all crafty just for the heck of it. But I am having fun this weekend. I am not out of the woods yet at work - but I can see the light over yonder... and hope that in about a week I am singing in the sunshine. But I am taking a break this weekend, and I have another just because I want to enter a challenge card!

This is my entry into the Kraftin Kimmie Feelin Festive Challenge. I figure - why do I need to limit myself? Why not embrace the weird? So inside she is going to foretell a Very Merry Christmas.

The patterned paper is from the Paper Studio Old Christmas pack. I colored her up with G21, 24, 28, 29, R22, 24, 27, 29, 39, E00, 11, 13, 25, 27, 29, 49, Y00. 11. 17. 21. 26.  For both the green and the red I went over the light area with yellow Y11. I did the same on her face with Y000. This was to try to make her glow a bit from both the lights dangling off the table (that is what I am making them so there) and the crystal ball. I tried to make the shadows come from the ball for the most part. so the shadows on her face are up higher and made with BV000 instead of my normal coloring darker.

OK... So I hope you are having a very crafty fun weekend. I am going to go make some mac and cheese and then start putting up the Christams tree while we hopefully watch A&M BTHO Mizzou!


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. This is great and I can definitely see the glow from her glass ball,it looks fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Kraftin Kimmies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, your colouring is fabulous. Thanks for playing along with this weeks Kraftin' Kimmie's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous coloring Alaine. Love your sweet card. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.

    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it Alaine!! What a fabulous Christmas card! Very unique and awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and hope you join us again next week! Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alaine! It's fabulous.

    Great coloring and I love how you colored her and her crystal ball and the lights on the table skirt and everything else.

    I hope you win if I don't. Hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete