Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Layer it Up

Sassy Studios is Sponsoring another wonderful Challenge blog today. Penny's Paper Crafty is having a challenge to use LOTS of Layers. Hmmmmm OK... that was a bit fun - and I decided to see how much I could do. HEE HEE.

Base Card - 1
First matted design paper layer - 2, 3
Second matted Design Paper Layer - 4, 5
Third Matted Design Layer - 6, 7
In one tiny spot - layered fancy tag with sentiment - 8, 9
And the image  in that ONE TEENY corner - 10.

Ok... so most of it is only 8. :-)

The paper I used was Basic Grey Sultry collection and the image is India Honey.  And yes - I found the paper AFTER I colored her - my usually freaking out modus opporandi.
I used E00, 11, 13 for her skin with a little of the RV10 for her cheeks. Her hair is E44, 47, 49. Her dress is RV10, 11, 13, 14 and toward the bottom I feathered it into the YR00, 02 to make it look as if the colors blended easily. The scarf is colored with BG10, 11, 13. For where it is over her hair and her outfit I colored very streaky the dress color and lighter hair color, then when over it with the BG10 and 11.  It was a nice pale sheer aqua... but then. DUM DUM DUM DUM. The Scarf is what I am most happy with, although it ended up that streaky look due to a really bad screw up.

See her jewels were colored with these pens I have - Pentel Slicci metallic pens. And since I am used to coloring with the fast drying copics, I didn't think and these take a while to dry, and I smeared her right earring into the aqua I had colored the  sheer cloth.There was no fixing it and keeping it sheer. So, I finally calmed down and lightly streaked the scarf in the direction of the fabric with the three pen colors and then smeared them more with my finger. You can't see it here (other than maybe her lips) but I then went over the scarf completely, and some areas of her dress - with clear Spica. It has gorgeous shimmer in person.

Ok... Whew - that was a long dissertation. HAHA.

Hope to see you back here again soon, and I hope you check out Penny's challenge today and also the Sassy Studio Designs Blog and see what all the DT has prepared for you!



Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. Your coloring is Amazing and I think you did beyond Amazing with her design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your coloring is fantastic! I love the color changes on her dress and the butterfly with the stick pins are fabulous! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alaine, I love this! It is so beautiful! Your coloring is unbelievable. Love how you did her wrap. Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Alaine! I love how you colored her especially the sheerness of the drape. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This soooooooo freaking awesome that I had to pin it.

    Your sheer scarf made me stop in my tracks and gasp. Aloud. WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete