Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December Pin-Up Challenge - Getting Ornamental

Ms. December, the lovely Monika, has challenged us to create things with which to decorate your home and tree over the holidays. So get creative and join us in making an ornament with your Bombshell stamps to help celebrate the season with a bit of a sassy punch.

I couldn't dare make something not blingy now could I?


I used the Sacred Heart stamp set to create these glittery angel wings.

The wings images were stamped onto clear craft plastic with Staz-on. Now, if you have followed my blog for a while, you know my history with Staz-On is not that great. But honestly, I was happy with these... it only took me five times to get two good images.

Once they were dry, I flipped them over and added glue to the back and sprinkled extra microfine glitter on them. For the gold one, I used only the gold glitter and for the other one I added glue strategically in places and sprinkled the blue glitter on first, then added glue to the other areas and sprinkled that with white glitter.

Then I panicked. Why? because in the beginning they looked really crappy. But given a few hours to dry the glue disappeared and the pretty glittery sparkles showed through.

Now - I hope you all check out the Bombshell Blog today and even enter into the challenge. The more the merrier, and you could win yourself a little holiday prize.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous and look wonderful on your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaine, those wings are just perfect. I love them. Thanks for playing along with the Get Ornamental with your Bombshell stamps challenge. I may just have to case this with my daughter. :-)

    ReplyDelete