Saturday, June 21, 2014

Hello Summer (With a little Spring Image)

Hey there guys!!!! Welcome to SUMMER. OK, so it has been "summer" in my mind for a few weeks. When the temperature is in the upper 80s and 90s - - - I claim summer.  To celebrate I am sharing a card I made for my husband for his birthday this week using the new digital image SPRING.


 I imagined her hair as the sky, and went with the blues as the colors, I think my favorite part of this image was the cloud. I have no idea why - maybe we just need some rain around here, but that for me was what just "made" this image and finished it out for me.

I used a window technique to frame her, and then I used a touch of black at the bottom to make the black solid up to the edge of the window.  Then I added springy flowers to go with it.


I also added sparkles on the "raindrops" as well as on the dragonfly, eyes, feathers, etc.... It makes it shine - like sparkling dew. :-)

The sentiment was based on the song "You're My Best Friend" by Don Williams. I heard it on my playlist the day that I made the card, and it is what Frank is to me. So I had to use it!!!!

I hope you all are having a great weekend - - I am!!!! Hope to see you back here again soon!

Alaine




No comments:

Post a Comment