Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Lucy in the sky

Hi all. I hope you are having a wonderful week. I had an awesome weekend. Got a new car, my youngest daughter passed her permit test and will NOT be allowed to drive my new car, and I was able to be pretty crafty.  One of my projects was to color Faith from the Zen Beauties collection.   I think I should actually call her Lucy. I saw that movie to this weekend. It was BlackWidow meets the Discovery Channel.

And this pose reminds me of Lucy from the movie at times. Well when she wasn't kicking rear and blood all over the place. I mixed the brown and blue together and added a bit of green. I made her skin the lightest I could to give her a bit of an ethereal look. Once done, I added a bit of the bronze dots. It is not very easy to see here, but there are some dots coming off of her feet and it looks like she is blowing some sparkles. This gave it a bit of movement.

One trick I wanted to share with you all is the curly cues at the shoes, wings and hair. If you want to fussy cut something with trailers and curlies, cut them off. You can't get them to cut. I promise you. What I did here was to stamp the image a second time on the patterned paper. I did this with versafine as I wasn't going to color it. Once done I clear embossed it. I fussy cut out the image, and then taped it down over the second stamped image with the curlies. That way you can get all the detail of the image but not be limited to the white background or a background to color.

I hope you all have a great week and keep coming back to check out the inspiration that the design team has for you.

Alaine

1 comment:

  1. What a great tip, Alaine! Never ever thought of that--I like it! :^)
    Love your card, too! Very pretty background, image, and coloring! Lucy in the sky with diamonds???? :^) Love your paper and embellies on this, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete