Monday, February 16, 2015

Crafty Weekend, Crafty Time

So, There has been much traveling, and much well LIFE going on. But this weekend I got to be all crafty like. In addition to making a SLEW of cards for SCACD - Which I will be sharing starting next Monday (hee hee)... I have been - coloring over the past weekend.

One of the items I colored was this lovely fairy from Saturated Canary. I have taken the Kit and Clowder classes on Skin and Hair and Clothing, so this was a big practice piece on the no-lines (ok very faint lines) technique. 

I really like how she turned out. But I think my favorite part - if you can see it on here is the pom poms on her shoe ties. They were a complete accident. I used the dotting technique with BV08, BV17, BV13, BV11. Then it was too dark... so I took the blender pen to try to dot lighten it... but alas I overfilled it, and it put a big BLOB of the colorless blender on there. Boom it made all the colors mix and mingle and spread out. :-)  I adore how it turned out. YAY.

Colors I used are:
Skin - E05, E11, E21, E00, E000, R20
Hair - 110, C9, C7, B24
Wings, Shoes, Bow - BV08, BV17, BV13, BV11, BV00
Dress - B99, 29, 26, 24, 21
Bag - E49, 39, 37, 35, 31

Ok. That is it for today. Hope to see you again back here soon. 

Alaine

1 comment:

  1. Darling image, great sentiment, beautiful palette! Love your CAS design! But most of all, I love your stunning coloring! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete