Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Exhaustion in the Ville

Hey there guys. MAN AM I TIRED! But I wanted to make sure I  posted some new creations just to keep my flow going! So here is my latest.
This is the final entry on my Mix it up Box. I have done the other sides here:

For this one I used Earth from the Elements Collection. I am not really sure why I wanted her to have blue hair, but I love how it turned out. 

Now remember the part where I said I am TIRED! Well it is nighty night for me. But with any luck I will get to do some coloring sometime this weekend, and I hope to have some more posts up soon!



Sunday, July 19, 2015

Jellyfish Lantern

So I am so missing the beach. Or the water... or ocean, or whatever.  I love spending time in the water. Snorkeling is one of my favorite things to do. One of my favorite things to do when we visit an acquarium is to look at the jellyfish. For some reason I adore the way they float around.  This image reminded me of the ocean and watching those jellyfish. Probably because it is called "Jellyfish Lantern" :-)

I went with the colors of BG57, 53 and 09 for the teals... with a bit of the BG70 to soften the blow. Then I used YR68, 65 and 61 for the dreaded orange (not a fan of orange, but it screamed out to be used).  When I was done, I decided it needed a bit of pop, and instead of using white for the pearls, I used black. Once done, I added the bow as a "hanger". LOL.  All the papers were from my stash, so I do not know from whence they came, but the background reminded me of bubbles. 

I hope you all are having a great weekend. See you again soon!!!


Saturday, July 11, 2015

We be Mixing!

Howdy Howdy!!!!  How are you all doing this find mid-July.  Today I am sharing with you my latest Mixed media  project for my art journal. 

I colored Steampunk Siren's Call with my copics, and then added watercolors for the background. She was a challenge to color for me, because I didn't want typical colors, but then I added lots of different colors. I love how she turned out, especially her hair which has greens, blues and pinks in them. 

Once I was finished, I paper tore the edges out, Then I moved onto the background. This is where I am stretching my fins so to speak. The  first step was that I used Dylusions Dotted Flowers Stencil and Ranger Texture Paste and added some texture to the background. Then I Spritzed the background with three different colors of Glimmer Mist. This was dried, adn then I added the flowers on. These plain flowers were copic air-brushed with the same purples or pinks that I used for the mermaid. I added some black crystals to the center of the bigger flowers. 

I placed all of the elements together and then got out the new toy Viva Decor paints and dry brushed several different colors all over the textured areas, the edges of the image and the flowers. Voila. DONE.

I am loving how this turned out. Even if it is a non-standard OCD look. :-)

Hope you all have a great weekend. 

Copic Colors used:

RV02, 06, 09, 
V01, 05, 09
G02, 05, 09
B02, 06, 18
E000, 00, 21, 11, 04, R20
White Molotow for white dots
Silver pen for silver nails and spines

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Kit and Clowder Retreat

So, a couple of weekends ago, I had the privilege of attending a Kit and Clowder coloring retreat with Alyce in Orlando.

This was very exciting, because I really want to learn how to improve my coloring, and achieve even better results. So this was a great opportunity. We colored several images and then did some mixed media work. When I got home I was able to put the colored images together and finish the projects with the kits that were provided. 

Here are the three projects completed. 

This first one - the instructions had a distress step, but I am not overly fond of distressing something. So I skipped that step, and just used the embossing as the distressing.

This second project, I used some bronze dry brush paints on the edging of each part of the image. I also added some of the bronze to the flower edges and the lace.

This last one is my favorite - only because of the colors, and it was one of the few mixed media projects I have completed.  The background was completed using crayola watercolors. :-) The frame was painted and sprayed and stenciled on with texture paste. This was messy incarnate. I had paint on my hands for days no matter how long I washed. 

Hope you have a great day!