Sunday, July 5, 2015

Kit and Clowder Retreat

So, a couple of weekends ago, I had the privilege of attending a Kit and Clowder coloring retreat with Alyce in Orlando.

This was very exciting, because I really want to learn how to improve my coloring, and achieve even better results. So this was a great opportunity. We colored several images and then did some mixed media work. When I got home I was able to put the colored images together and finish the projects with the kits that were provided. 

Here are the three projects completed. 

This first one - the instructions had a distress step, but I am not overly fond of distressing something. So I skipped that step, and just used the embossing as the distressing.


This second project, I used some bronze dry brush paints on the edging of each part of the image. I also added some of the bronze to the flower edges and the lace.


This last one is my favorite - only because of the colors, and it was one of the few mixed media projects I have completed.  The background was completed using crayola watercolors. :-) The frame was painted and sprayed and stenciled on with texture paste. This was messy incarnate. I had paint on my hands for days no matter how long I washed. 

Hope you have a great day!

Toodles!

Alaine






1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the background you created and the entire thing.

    ReplyDelete