Saturday, July 11, 2015

We be Mixing!

Howdy Howdy!!!!  How are you all doing this find mid-July.  Today I am sharing with you my latest Mixed media  project for my art journal. 



I colored Steampunk Siren's Call with my copics, and then added watercolors for the background. She was a challenge to color for me, because I didn't want typical colors, but then I added lots of different colors. I love how she turned out, especially her hair which has greens, blues and pinks in them. 



Once I was finished, I paper tore the edges out, Then I moved onto the background. This is where I am stretching my fins so to speak. The  first step was that I used Dylusions Dotted Flowers Stencil and Ranger Texture Paste and added some texture to the background. Then I Spritzed the background with three different colors of Glimmer Mist. This was dried, adn then I added the flowers on. These plain flowers were copic air-brushed with the same purples or pinks that I used for the mermaid. I added some black crystals to the center of the bigger flowers. 

I placed all of the elements together and then got out the new toy Viva Decor paints and dry brushed several different colors all over the textured areas, the edges of the image and the flowers. Voila. DONE.

I am loving how this turned out. Even if it is a non-standard OCD look. :-)

Hope you all have a great weekend. 

Copic Colors used:

RV02, 06, 09, 
V01, 05, 09
G02, 05, 09
B02, 06, 18
E000, 00, 21, 11, 04, R20
White Molotow for white dots
Silver pen for silver nails and spines

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. Look at you go with the mixed media products!

    I especially love how you colored her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty! The colors are so rich.

    ReplyDelete